Friends Breakfast, August 17 at the T&P Event Center in Abilene
The newest leaders of Abilene nonprofit organizations were introduced at the Friends of the Community Foundation of Abilene breakfast Thursday morning.
CFA Development Director Courtney Vletas poses with Friends Lila and Bill Senter and Gloria McDaniel
The Friends of the Community Foundation is a group of donors whose contributions support the administrative and operational costs at the foundation.
Ten new leaders of local nonprofits were introduced at this year’s breakfast, something the Community Foundation does each year as a way for donors to learn more about the people operating Abilene’s charitable organizations.
“So many of our ‘Friends’ are also supporting local organizations,” said CFA Grants Director Michelle Parrish. “We love to introduce them to new leaders, directors, and programs to keep them abreast of the ever-changing nonprofit landscape in Abilene.”
These new nonprofit leaders and some facts about each of them are below.
Byl Boyd — Executive Director, NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness)
- Previous Position: Executive Director, Moultrie/Colquitt County Peer Support, Wellness, and Respite Center
- Fun Fact: In his free time, he participates in a community garden at Gardeners of Grace in Abilene.
Kevin Bradford — President/CEO, Goodwill West Texas
- Previous Position: CEO for a multi-specialty healthcare company in Wisconsin
- Fun Fact: Kevin and his wife have spent their careers serving in ministry.
Terry Cagle — Executive Director, Connecting Caring Communities
- Previous Position: Pastor or New Heritage Fellowship Church in Fairview, TX
- Fun Fact: Terry worked as a pastor for 38 years.
Tony Delgado — Regional Director, BCFS Abilene
- Previous Position: Executive Director, Sagora Senior Living in San Angelo
- Fun Fact: He is an Abilene native and a proud Abilene High School graduate.
Josh Rader and Andi Lukaszewski — Providers, FitSteps for Life
- Previous Position: Personal trainers, current owners of Str3ngth Fitness
- Fun Fact: Josh and Andi are getting married (yes, to each other) in March 2018!
Darla Richardson — Executive Director, Christian Women’s Job Corps
- Previous Position: Regional Director, Administrative Services
- Fun Fact: She worked for the Health and Human Services Commission for 29 years.
Frann Smith — Executive Director, Abilene Preservation League
- Previous Position: Regional Market Director, American Heart Association
- Fun Fact: She became the first Cancer Services Network Director in 2003.
Kevin Smith — Executive Director, Abilene Philharmonic
- Previous Position: General Manager, Lauderhill Performing Arts Center in Florida
- Fun Fact: He is an accomplished Eagle Scout.
Michael Bob Starr — Executive Director, Global Samaritan Resources
- Previous Position: Commander, Dyess Air Force Base
- Fun Fact: He accumulated more than 2,000 flying hours as a B-1 instructor and evaluator pilot.