The COVID-19 outbreak is affecting local nonprofits in a number of ways. This page serves as a resource guide to provide local nonprofits with tools and information to make the best possible decisions during this critical time.
CARES Act: What Nonprofits Need to Know
Congress has passed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), a $2 trillion stimulus deal to provide relief to Americans affected by the COVID-19 crisis.
Here are some helpful links:
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
The FFCRA requires certain employers to provide their employees with paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave for specified reasons related to COVID-19.
Here are some links with more information:
Event Cancellations & Fundraising Challenges
- Webinar Recording: COVID-19 & 2020 Fundraising - If your nonprofit has had to cancel a fundraiser, this webinar is a good resource for ideas on how to use the virtual space and still make important asks.
- Chronicle of Philanthropy - This website is offering content dedicated to providing helpful information for nonprofits during the Coronavirus spread. Several articles offer fundraising advice.
- Abilene Gives - This 24-hour day of online giving on May 5 can be used to raise much-needed donations during this time of need. This COVID-19 resource page offers tips and tools to have a successful giving day during the ongoing crisis.
Employee & Workplace Policies
Outbreak & Prevention
- 211 A Call for Help - Where to direct people seeking immediate assistance.
- Support Abilene Fund - CFA established this fund to support nonprofits helping individuals, families, and/or businesses negatively affected by the COVID-19 crisis.