The Friends of the Community Foundation is a core group of supporters who help us meet the challenge of administrative and operational costs. We’re privileged to have 147 Friends memberships in 2011 to support the Foundation and its programs. The tax-deductible Friends membership helps us meet our budget, enhancing our grant and scholarship programs, customize services to donors and charitable organizations, and provide a lasting resource for future generations.
Gifts to the 2011 Friends campaign are helping:
- Provide professional development opportunities to help nonprofit organizations manage and enhance current programs, fundraising, board development and operations.
- Enhance and upgrade the Foundation website to better inform donors about events and grant-making opportunities, to notify nonprofits about grant cycles and educational seminars, and to offer scholarships to students seeking higher education.
Since 2002, the Friends of the Community Foundation has helped with:
- The Endowment Challenge, a five-part seminar designed to assist local charities build endowments for their organization and provide tools for effective fundraising.
- Our continued efforts to market and communicate the value of charitable giving to local charities.
- Seminars and workshops for attorneys, CPAs and other financial professionals to emphasize the role that planned giving can play in keeping our community strong.