The Friends of the Community Foundation is a core group of supporters who help us meet the challenge of administrative and operational costs. The tax-deductible Friends membership helps us meet our budget, enhancing our grant and scholarship programs, customize services to donors and charitable organizations, and provide a lasting resource for future generations. We are so proud of our Friends of the Community Foundation – we consider this one of the nicest compliments we can receive – to know that people notice what we are doing and want to support our efforts. If you have not joined this group, please consider doing so. There are three levels of membership: Benefactor: $1,000 or above; Patron $500 and Individual/Family Membership $200
Gifts to the Friends campaign will be used to:
- Work with attorneys, CPA’s and other financial professionals to keep philanthropic dollars at work.
- Help nonprofit organizations become stronger, more effective entities through Professional Development opportunities.
Since 2002, the Friends of the Community Foundation has helped with:
- The Endowment Challenge, a five-part seminar designed to assist local charities build endowments for their organization and provide tools for effective fundraising.
- Our continued efforts to market and communicate the value of charitable giving to local charities.
- Seminars and workshops for attorneys, CPAs and other financial professionals to emphasize the role that planned giving can play in keeping our community strong.
- Enhance and upgrade the Foundation website to better inform donors about events and grant-making opportunities, to notify nonprofits about grant cycles and educational seminars, and to offer scholarships to students seeking higher education.